Wednesday, June 15, 2011

RENT


I first came across RENT when I was in school at Lawrence. You would think that I would have experience through a production since it is a liberal arts school and has a conservatory attached to it. However, it was actually an accidental find. I was in the Mudd Library and I needed a new CD to listen to (this was back before the 'modern' times of MP3 players). I saw the mucial and thought that it would be a great choice to study to. Well, little did I know that I would be hooked forever! I can hum all of the songs and sing (well, what I call singing) quite a few songs.

My next exposure was the movie rendition of RENT. It was good, the characters were well developed and cast was pretty good. The thing about the movie was it just wasn't the same as the musical. I guess I'm more of a original than the remix kind of gal.

This year Pioneer Theater Company put on RENT. I was so excited to hear that they were doing it and I could actually go and see it in person. Last night Ashley and I had a girls night and went do dinner and RENT. I really enjoyed the production and loved seeing it actually in person. I thought some of the chorus members were stronger than the cast members but it still was amazing. I laughed, cried, and loved the production. Lets hope that it doesn't take 10+ years to see it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment