Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tiling DONE!

This week was a busy week when it came to tiling the basement. Scott & I started putting the slate down on Sunday (see previous construction entry) and we finished putting it down on Wednesday. Tuesday night it was exciting because we ended up blocking ourselves into the bedroom (on purpose) so the tile lines would work out.


We obviously took a break on Thursday and last night Brian came over and helped us grout the room. After 4+ hours of dealing with that we finished the room!


Today Scott & I cleaned the tiles 3 times and then sealed them.

I was a little worried about sealing the tiles, my parents put slate in and it looks good not sealed, but I am happy with how the colors are popping! It is now an official completed basement but we are now going to be doing the little details. Tomorrow we are going to IKEA to get the dry bar cabinets and lighting. We will be making the baseboards, window seals, and hanging the doors over the next week. The goal to have everything done and in is by the time Scott leaves for the deer hunt on September 28th.

I'm crossing my fingers that we are done with this work in 26 days...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your tile! your house is looking awesome;) maybe we should go through a drive-thru and eat at your house next time so we can see it

    ReplyDelete