Sunday, March 17, 2013

Moab 2013

Scott & I took a long weekend to go down to Moab, UT.  I have lived in Utah my entire life (minus school) and I have NEVER been down there before. We went down with the Anderson's and some of their friends for the weekend. Scott and I left on Thursday night after we got done with work and got to our camp spot about 10pm. In the morning this was our view as we got out of our tent:


Our group all had campers so Scott and I stayed at a campground that had running water where we could shower after the end of the day. :) Once we got up and moving we went to their camp that was about 15 miles away. We we were trying to get to Gemini Bridges as a group but got lost on the "shortcut" to the local. On the drive the Anderson kids fell asleep: 




Once we found the main road the rest of the group needed to get back so Scott and I went onto the site. It was freaky to see such a steep cliff there but it was pretty cool to see: 
Scott looking over the edge.
The Gemini Bridges- view from the side.

That night we hungout at the group campground and had a fun light laughing and chilling next to the fire pit. The next morning Scott & I went and did Hells Revenge. We got up early and beat the crowds since there was a Half-Marathon going on that morning and we guessed that things were going to get crazy. It was crazy and had a lot of fun doing it. Here is one photo from the ride: 



That afternoon we met back up with the group and went and saw some hieroglyphics that was near their campsite:

And then went on the Wipeout ride. We were at the "wipeout" wall and actually saw one jeep go down and back up and a 2nd made it down but we left before it got back up. This is the crazy face that they were going on:
It looks easy but in all reality its ridiculous.
While there I stayed with Nix while his dad and the guys went up on the rock to watch the jeeps. Such a cute little guy:


On the way back there is a massive ravine. We almost missed it because you can't see it from the main route but it is pretty cool. I have more photos of this as the guys were being funny and walking out to the edge scaring one of the gals that we went with. 


 Saturday night Scott and I went into town and visited one of the wineries and ate at the brewery. It was delicious and I recommend that everyone visit both places. Sunday morning we got up and broke camp and went into Arches so I could go and see the Delicate Arch. It was a great time to go and actually see the arch. I didn't realize how off the path it really is! Here is a picture of Scott & I in front of the arch:


We had a blast and I can't wait to get back down there. It was a great weekend and sparked a new love for this great state of Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment