Sunday, October 26, 2014

Moving along, almost 31 weeks!


Overall it has been a good 2 weeks. We are just short of the 31 week mark and I really feel great, even despite the gestational diabetes that we are still dealing with.

I've been working to get my numbers under control. During the day I have been really good, for the most part, but I haven't been able to get my AM fasting levels to where the doctor wants it to be. So Friday I worked with the nutritionist and hopefully the new plan works. If anyone has good ideas for a night 'snack' that includes protein please let me know! So far this weekend we have gotten the morning levels down so hopefully the new plan works out. 

We tried to get the baby's furniture this week with Robyn and Dan but we were only able to get the dresser. Apparently Ikea's distributor is having issues in getting them the cribs. Hopefully we will be able to get it in the next couple of weeks when the shipment comes in. If not, we will have to look for another idea for the crib.  We will be picking up the bassinet from a friend next week so in all reality he will have somewhere to sleep when he gets here.

In other news Scott made the best brisket that he has ever made last night for the USC football game. This picture doesn't do half the justice but it will have to work for you all. Maybe we can say that he will do it again sometime soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment