Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall is in Session


Growing up I hated fall.

It is a bold statement, I know, but the reason why I felt this was was:
  • End of summer
  • School
  • Colder weather
  • Winter is just around the corner
As a "grown up" (I use this term loosely because I don't like to think that I really am) I have grown to truly love the season. Just a few reasons why are: 
  • Cooler days
  • Colors are vibrant
  • Football
  • Anniversary
  • Scott's Birthday
  • Winter is near
  • Hunting
  • Snuggling & Hot Chocolate (with some Baily's ;) )
And the list can go on and on. This fall has been like most of my other fall seasons, busy. I have:

 Gone to my last farmers market and eaten the last of the fresh fall veggies and the last of the beautiful bouquets of flowers that last for 2+ weeks.



We have attended 3 football games and UNight. Mom, Dad & I went for the first inaugural night of UNight. It was a great time and I was able to see the Kappa chapter do their Songfest routine since they took 1st place this year.

I spent the morning of October 1st in the duck blind with dad hunting. This was a photo of the sunrise that morning; it was a beautiful day and much warmer temperatures than usually occur on opening weekend. In addition to the weather it was a great opener because I actually shot my limit and it didn't take me ALL day to get it. :)

Girls nights: While Scott and his brother/dad were deer hunting the girls got together and had dinner at Gardner Village and spent some time with the witches (the area puts a lot of witches decorated throughout the area, go see it if you have a chance!). It was a great night and I can't wait for the next!

Scott had his 30th Birthday! He celebrated it by being in charge of tailgating food (probably not the best idea for the B-day boy but he enjoyed it, I think), watching the Utes play football (or at least watch them kind of play football), and having people over for the UFC fights. All in all it was a great day!

The final big event was that we celebrated our 1st Anniversary! Somehow we have made it one year of not killing each other. ;) Thank you to my sweet husband for putting up with my mood swings, cleaning obsessions (and lack there of), crappy cooking, and everything else I do that annoys you. I love you and I can't wait for the next year that awaits us.

1 comment: