Monday, October 17, 2011

Migraines


Migraines are a pain in the ass. Well not a literal pain in the ass but more a pain in the head (it doesn't sound as good but we'll go with it). I am one of the 30 million unfortunate victims of migraines in the U.S.. 

Today was a bad day on the migraine front in that I had to leave work and go home and sleep. It came on quick and got bad enough that I thought that I was going to get sick (these rarely occur for me but when they do it is bad).  I'm not sure what brought it on, like most people, but when they hit I can typically stop them by taking Excedrin or eating. I think the thing that drives me crazy with these is you don't really know what triggers them. Normally mine are triggered when I am very stressed. However, right now my stress level is low with work being slow (*knock on wood*) and caught up with Kappa.

If only we could find a solution to the migraines and how to knock them off before they really affect someone. So until the day that we can figure out what triggers them I will be crossing my fingers that when I get a migraine it isn't like today's where I get to the point of worthless person and it goes away fast.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if we have ever talked about this. I get them too! They are the worst. Mine mostly come due to stress, heat, bright lights (I sometimes where sunglasses inside if I need to), and PMS. So sorry. Just wanted to say I feel your pain. They are a pain in the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this! they are terrible -- I have an essential oil that is supposed to help with migraines and it has helped with some headaches so if you want to try it let me know -- sorry friend!

    ReplyDelete