Tuesday, April 24, 2012

8 weeks out

 
Well we have hit the 8 weeks since the surgery and things seem to be going pretty well. I am bending it to 110 degrees and straightening to about 2 degrees. My best bend was 115 but that happened a few weeks ago. At first I was really concerned about this since the whole point about therapy is to get the bend back. After talking to my therapist he said that my strength and endurance is up so that is okay. Plus I am using the leg a lot and the swelling I've been getting will have an effect on the movement (see photo below). So things are good on the front of recovery. I'll really know what is up when I talk to the doctor in the morning.

Other than the leg my life has been really busy especially on the work front of life. I helped out with the Science Olympiad 2 weekends ago and we are getting ready for the CE Academy Banquet next week along with graduation. I will be so happy once May 10th is over since things are going to calm down a bit, such a relief!

Two weekends ago we went out to Vernal and attended my cousins farewell. He left on his LDS mission to Brazil today. It's crazy that he is old enough to go on a mission since I remember babysitting him when he was a baby. Another reason why I am becoming old. I hope he has a great 2 years down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment