Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh Summer....


... how have I missed you!

I think summer has been my most favorite season. Why? Well its because its warm, you can go hiking, swimming, boating, and tons of other things.

One of the biggest summer memories is going to the Salt Lake Country Club pool as a little kid and stay there until mom would pick us up at noon or even later. I was one of those kids who was the 'pool bum' and wouldn't go home willingly. I always had green hair (since I was blonder beyond blond) and probably slept in a swim suit more than my pajamas. Of course this swimming moved to bigger things-- going from swimming in the country club league, year round, high school & college-- and I have a lot of fond memories of pools in general.

Since I graduated college I have taken a break from lap swimming but I now know that things are looking right to get back into the pool and do laps. Now don't get me wrong I have been in the pool on and off since I got done but its been more of a casual float than actually working out. Like tonight, mom came over and we 'floated' in the pool for an hour. There is something about being in a pool that helps me relax.  So my new idea is joining the University Gym's and jump into the pools and start lap swimming. I just need to get the motivation to get up Wednesday early mornings to get to the pool before work. That will be the ultimate goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment