Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Construction Update 2


Well life has been busy here with construction, work, and the end of the school year for Kappa. Work has been very busy and I ended up bringing work home over the weekend a few weeks ago. I was going to bring more home during the week but Janice, being a great boss, said not to. So I just dealt with it at work.

Kappa has been busy since 2 out of my 3 schools I'm over gets out in 1.5 weeks. I love the end of the school year because it means that there is a slight glimmer of hope that I will be above the waters in a few short weeks. I have also received information on traveling to ACS in June so I am excited to be traveling back to Ohio.

On the renovation front we have been very productive. We have finished the demo but only by doing it in a snow storm and taking two trips to the dump to get everything done. While in the middle of demo we all of the sudden had a flood of water in the basement. We knew that there had been water in the basement before but we didn't know the extent it was. It seemed that once we took out the old framing the hole was open to flow. We ended up filling our wet/dry vac 3 times (with 10 gallon bucket). We have since filled the hole and we don't have  (knock on wood) any new leeks in the basement. We have also dug out the window well for the egress window and we have also ordered new windows.  So overall we are doing great.

This weekend we will be using the self leveling concrete to somewhat level the basement floor and possibly getting the window well secured to the house. I've been meaning to take photos but that will have to be a later update...

No comments:

Post a Comment