Sunday, August 28, 2011

Construction Update for Week #22

Its crazy to think that we have been working on the basement for 22 weeks! (I went back and counted, I haven't been keeping track...) It is FINALLY looking like livable space and I'll show that to you shortly. Two weeks ago we started painting the room. Before I left for Colorado Scott & I spent three days painting the laundry 'room' and hallway from the color of pee-white (yes, it's my technical color name):


 Into a nice white space:






It was nice getting that done before I left. While I was in Colorado, Scott was an amazing husband and painted the bedroom and the living room their respective colors (no specific photos for you since I was gone) it definitely didn't take as long as I had thought it would take us but we definitely moved along that week. This past week Scott & I did the tiling in the bedroom.


 It turned out pretty darn good if you ask me! Yesterday we purchased the slate for the living room and brought home 31 1/2 boxes of slate from the store. You should have seen how low Scott's truck was riding! So we brought in the boxes and stacked them in the utility closet (this is only 1/3 of the boxes).


Today Scott & started laying the tiles. I have to show you a photo of him in action because he will kill me if I don't show everyone (it's really going to be the other way--so don't tell him I have it up!). :) 


We were able to get through 11 boxes of tile today and I think it looks really good.


The goal is to complete the rest of the floor this week and then next weekend we will be taking another trip to IKEA to get the cabinets for the dry bar area. I hope we are nearing the end of the construction--my house is a disaster! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment