Monday, November 14, 2011

Car Incident (Updated from Origional 11/27/11)


Well two Friday's back I was driving home from my parents and I hit some debris on the freeway. Luckily I wasn't injured but my poor baby lost a tire and rim. A crappy photo of it is above. I was wondering what I hit and after talking to the officer who came buy it was a solid piece of metal that fell off a semi. The good thing is I walked away and my car is able to be repaired.
I actually lucked out in only having one tire where other cars involved needed to replace 2+ tires to getting body work done and tires.  The only crappy thing for me is now trying to get the officer associated with the case to call me back.

Update (11/27/11): Well I have an update. The car wasn't fully fixed with the tire.... I thought that it needed an alignment but it I ended up needing the knuckle of the steering wheel replaced. So after another 2 days of the car in the shop (for a total of 8 days) it is fully functioning again. The good news about the whole situation is that I was able to get in touch with the trucking's insurance and they will pay me back for all of the repairs. So now it is the waiting time to get the money from them...

No comments:

Post a Comment