Saturday, April 17, 2010

Important step in the wedding process


Once I knew that I would be needing a dress I went out and bought a magazine that has 850+ dresses. I thought a magazine with that many dresses would help me in getting a better idea on what I would like to wear on the bid day. So I looked through that magazine who knows how many times and marked the dresses that I thought I could wear. From there I tore them out of the magazine and whittled down the list even further. In the end they either were a ballgown or a A-line cut.

This week we started the dress hunt. Most of the wedding boutiques in Salt Lake close at 6pm so the latest appointment they will do is 4:30pm. This is an issue because this week work was crazy so we couldn't leave it early.  Since we couldn't I decided to make an appointment with Davids Bridal. We got there and looked around. The consultant that I got was very helpful and initially brought the ballgowns. These first dresses that I tried on were pretty good but nothing that I thought that I had to have for my wedding dress.

The next round of dresses that were pulled were the A-line styles. I tried on one, I really liked it so I was getting a little more comfortable with the style. I still had two more so I thought that I would put it on to see them. This time the dress I had on I loved and I thought that I would want to possibly get. There was one more dress and I decided that I should try it on since she pulled it for me. I tried it on and guess what? It was (and is) THE ONE! Can you believe it?!?! The first dress shop and either the 8th or 9th dress that I put on was THE dress that I am going to wear to my wedding. It has been such a great relief to have that part of the wedding done. If needed--I can get married today but I can't wait for the celebration coming.

The other wedding event that we did this week was go to a Bridal Show. It was interesting going and seeing what all people are selling there but I have a few ideas for what kind of flower options we have, photographers have been looked at, and some DJ options. It was a great week for wedding planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment