Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Engagement

As I said in the previous post I am now an engaged woman. Here is the story of how he proposed...

Scott, then boyfriend, and I flew down to San Diego the Friday before we were to start the cruise. On Saturday we had a few hours to kill before we were to get onto the boat so we ended up going for a walk. He asked if there was a beach near by but we were staying right by the San Diego Bay and there wasn't one. The receptionist of the hotel told us of a walkway that goes out onto Shelter Island that was a block or so away.  We decided to go on the walk and enjoy the wonderful weather that San Diego was having.

Once we got down there the view was great. It overlooked the Naval Base on Coronado Island.


We walked down the path along the shore and took in all the sites. There were sail boats docked along the island and we watched people go out to their boats, locals doing the morning walk, and family's talking a walk. We walked down to a fishing pier and hung out there for a bit. No one caught anything but it was fun watching the people interact and the UGLY pelicans.



We decided to start walking back to the hotel and we came across some shoreline that had some sand (most of it was rocks). We were standing on the shore watching the water (I was watching the seagulls) and the next thing I know I'm engaged. I freaked out a little bit when I realized he was on one knee asking me to marry him but I did recover, eventually. :)

(Scott & I on the beach right after he proposed)

The big day is going to be in October but we haven't set the actual date yet because we haven't gotten a venue yet. My parents got back from their vacation yesterday so the big planning is starting soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment