Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lessons Learned

My last vacation out of the state was when I went to Sun Valley just about this time last year. It was a girls weekend where we ate, shopped, and relaxed for a few, short, days. Since it was about a year ago, I can't wait to get out of town this weekend AND it will be longer than just a weekend trip. This means, I leave for the much anticipated cruise on Friday!!!!

I have progressed from my "list stage" in the last post and I progressed to the "shopping stage". Yes, I use the trip to help with my retail therapy. Since my last post, I have gone shopping for shorts (hooray for spring or I would have been in trouble), pants, shirts, and shoes. I have also gotten all the travel size toiletries and hard candy for the trip. So I think that I'm doing good on everything but you never know because you will forget that one item and then you will be screwed--well not screwed but you will have to spend some extra $$ to get those items.

My grandmother is the expert of traveling and since I have lived with her just about 5 years I have learned a lot from her when it comes to traveling. She has traveled to over 100 countries and I think she knows a thing, or two, about packing. I love coming home after work about 3 weeks before she goes on a trip because her clothing is pulled out and she starts to think about what she is going to bring. To follow her lead I started this ritual on Saturday. It is such a great idea and I can actually think about what I am going to wear and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment