Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wax, oil & dish soap

I received a voice mail last night from one of my good friends that is living in Wisconsin and I was unable to answer it because I was eating dinner with my parents.  After they left I went and checked my message and by the end of it I was laughing and I was glad that I didn't take the call while the parents were here.

The gist of the phone call: she got her eyebrows waxed, the girl was speedy in getting them done,  and the the girl dripped wax into her hair. She doesn't have internet at home so she called me to help get a home remedy for it. So I go turn on my computer and give her a call to assess the situation. I ask her how the girl got wax in her hair and by the time she was done with the story I was laughing harder than when I listened to the message. I Googled a remedy and there were quite a few options to do. The remedy that we ended up deciding that she would do is put oil in her hair where it is and the wax will rub out. I think that this is a great solution and I assume that this funny episode is done. Boy was I wrong.

About an hour later I got another call from her; the wax is gone (or as far as she can tell) but her hair is a huge ball of oil because there was more than one spot of the wax that she came upon while getting the one out. Her new issue--getting the oil out. By this time I was laughing hysterically and I felt so bad for laughing but the whole situation is spiraling out of control. I repeat a Google search and try to find a solution for oil in your hair (see how funny it is?!?). Options: wash your hair 3 times or use dish soap. After both of us calmed down laughing we came to a solution of trying to use shampoo instead of the dish soap.

Did that work?

Nope, she ended up having to use the dish soap. The soap helped get rid of the oil but her hair was a frizzy mess today. I still am laughing about the situation and come to find out her co-workers did the same thing I did--laugh. The whole situation is hilarious because she had to use cooking/kitchen products to get a little bit of wax out of her hair and it probably could have been avoided if the worker would have taken a little more time in waxing her eyebrows. Oh, the good times on the phone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment