Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Returning to Life, with some Chnges


Well the trip was amazing. We got down there and the weather was warm enough to wear shorts (a rarity in Utah in March). The cruise was great having two days on the boat with two more days in Cabo san Lucas, Mexico. Both day's that we were on the boat we went to the "Adults Only" section and layed out in the sun on the back of the boat. It was very relaxing, not windy (most decks were), and very quiet--what you wouldn't have gotten if you were in the main pool area. Some pictures of our day's on the boat...



The first day in Cabo we went scuba diving. This was my first non-certifying dive that I have done. All I can say after diving is that it is AMAZING! I can't believe I didn't do it before; well I can because when have I gone somewhere to dive but it was a great adventure. It is amazing for the aniamal life that you can see underwater. Other than the usual coral/plants we saw Starfish, Rock fish, Barracuda(I think), puffer fish, and many others that I don't know their name. The first dive we dove by the drop-off to the deep part of the bay. We circled around a large rock formation and got to see all the fun aquatic life living around there. On the second dive we got to go around a ship wreck (it is slowly getting buried by sand), and got to go around the rock at point of the bay. Usually at this location you can see seals swimming but the water was very rough so we didn't get to see them. The other group got to see a huge eel but we didn't get a chance to see it. Below is us before and after diving...


The second day we went to the beach and wandered the markets. It was a very long walk to get to the beach but it was well worth it, plus we got to see more of the port!


After we got off the boat the boyfriend and I stayed in San Diego for a few days where we took in the sites of downtown. We toured Petco Park and Sea World for the two days that we were in town all day.



The exciting part of the trip was on the first day the boyfriend proposed! Yep, I am now a happily engaged  woman. (::Happy dance goes here::) The picture below is us just after getting engaged, it isn't the best but it works, right?


We are just starting the planning but you will definitely now be informed about what is going on in the wedding process. I will tell all about the proposal in another post (hopefully tomorrow) but I wanted to update..

No comments:

Post a Comment